The month of September came so quickly it's actually scary. Before I know it, I shall be returning back to university to complete my final year, and back into a routine where I can't be so randomly spontaneous with what I choose to do with my day.
I thought I'd share a few random favourites of both beauty (mostly makeup products), and fashion items from the last month. As I had holiday from work, I found myself having a lot of free time and also spending a lot of time socialising with friends, so I was able to play with a lot of different things...things that have crept into my favourites for the month of August.
- MAC face and body foundation (n9) – with the constant random heat waves we kept having in London, I thought it was best to keep my base light. I love this foundation because as well as it feeling like you have nothing on your face, with a bit of concealer it gives me just enough coverage to feel confident. This way, my skin can appear clear, and I’m not caking it on.
- Olay touch of concealer eye cream – I bought this so long ago now but never really used it (mostly due to laziness), but after rediscovering it, I found a new interesting way to use it. As well as putting it under my eyes as an eye cream and concealer, because of the lightness of the colour, I also used it as a highlighter on the bridge of my nose and the cheekbones. It works so well, and a little goes a long way.
- MAC studio finish concealer & pro longwear concealer (nw50) – concealers were actually my best friends this past month. As someone with an uneven skin tone, using strictly concealer with some powder to set it helped me on the days that I didn’t really want to wear any makeup.
- Rimmel London pro matte finish – I love matte nails, and all my different matte nail colours were down to this product right here. I love Rimmel brushes in general as they are so thick, soft and easy to use. The polish itself is not a thick consistency and it dries SO quickly.
- Covergirl lash blast volume – I’m not one to dabble into mascaras, but this one gives me what I need every time…length and volume. You can’t go wrong.
- Zara studded clutch/wallet – I bought this at the beginning of the month to use as a wallet and I have to say, it has not let me down. As well as it being on trend with the gold studs (which sometimes look rose gold too!), it is very spacious and has a lot of compartments that hold cards. It can also be used as a clutch on a night-out too, so for £19.99, I believe I got value for money.
- Converse classic all star’s in dark grey – I’ve had these for just over a year now and they are my ‘go to’ shoes. So comfortable, and because of the colour they go with absolutely everything. Everyone needs a pair of converses in their life.
What were your favourites for the month of August? I love discovering new items.